In Finishing School, we teach you what you won’t find in books. You can learn to be creative and original, produce your own signature cakes and add that professional touch that will ensure you stand out tall above the rest. Also participate in the decoration of live cake projects!
Price: =N= 85,000 | Duration: 3 Weeks
Course Date: 6th Nov 2017 (Mondays - Thursdays)
Time: 10am - 2pm
Click to Register
- Baking tips for the professional baker
- How to achieve perfectly straight tiered and sharp egde cakes
- Artistic freehand painting
- Mosaic and broken glass effects
- Embossed freehand embroidery
- Creative cakes ideas. You will be taught how to find your own inspiration
- Cake presentation ideas for top, middle and bottom tiers
- Unique cake toppers. Do something different from the usual bunch of flowers! E.g. abstract sugar art, spiral tops, tiaras etc.
- Cake colouring
- Cake pricing and financial tips
- How to create logos
- Damage control! – what to do when it comes crashing down...
- NEW! An African Design Cake
- And a whole lot more!
During the course, you will also have the opportunity of taking part in decorating “live cakes”. Looking forward to seeing you, don’t miss it!
- Paint brushes, sizes 000, 00, 0, 1, 2, 3
- Flat brushes
- Palette dish
- Rolling pin (Small & big)
- Pizza cutter
- Nozzles 1, 2, 3
- Piping bag
- Ribbon cutter
- Bead maker
- Wires 18g, 20g & 26g
- Side stencils
- Jem tool set
- Flower cutter
- Mathematical set
- Edible spirit
- Blossom tint colours
- Luster dust colours
- Disco dust
- Paste colours
- Fondant, Flower paste, Pastillage
- Sugar glue
- Royal Icing
- Other tools may be called for as and when needed.
It is important to ensure that all the aforementioned items are obtained before the commencement of the course.